Now I have floated around the blogosphere and been bombarded with tips and lists on how to be a better person and live my life to the fullest. I suppose if everyone lived up to these lists the world would be a better place. However some of the requests such as “Be like Jesus, not like his followers. (This applies to all of them.)” are a little lofty. I have no problem trying to make myself and the world better one checklist at a time so–
This is my list. What does yours look like?
1. Fight for what you believe in. Your voice always matters.
2. Join a movement… better yet, lead one.
3. Coffee for LIFE!
4. Examine your jealousy, you’ll learn a lot about yourself.
5. It’s easy for people to talk big game – so watch what they do instead. This is how you learn something new from and about every single person.
6. Look people in the eye.
7. Commit to things that are far beyond your ability. Why not push yourself?
8. Read often, including the things you disagree with. Let’s face it, your ego is big enough already.
10. Find out if there will be food there.
11. Manners are more important than money.
12. Date someone out of your league (at least once!)
13. Bring a bottle of wine.
14. Write a bucket list. Then actually do something on it. You’ll feel amazing.
15. Travel, it’s worth it - trust me.
16. If you’ve never felt like a fool, you’ve never really lived.
17. Appreciate flaws as beauty – because they are.
18. If you find someone who makes you laugh until you cry, NEVER lose them. Do this as much as possible.
19. Enjoy good music. Rinse and repeat.
20. Be the person that will always be there. Show up.